The ten20 Foundation was recently asked “what are the questions that guide your practice?”
Here are some from our list:
- What beliefs, values and theories underlie our philanthropic practice?
- What is the nature of our role and how do we negotiate our expectations with communities and partner organisations and respectfully establish boundaries on what we will and won’t do?
- How do we ensure fair, inclusive processes in our work with each other and with communities?
- How do we build capacity in ourselves to undertake the work and then assist communities in building that capacity?
- How can we best share our learnings with others?
- How do we develop a sense of responsibility and accountability to each other and to the shared agenda for change?